Location : Mueang District
Wat Kaeo PichitWat Kaeo Pichit was built in 1879 by a Prachin Buri millionaire and this temple being an old and major temple. The temple is located on the right coast of Bang Pakong River in Prachin Buri Municipal Area, 2 kilometres east to town. Wat Kaeo Pichit had build a new chapel (ubosoth) with an architectural design of mixed arts styles of Thai, Chinese, European, and Cambodian which constructed by Chao Phraya Abhaibhubate (Chum Aphaiwong) in 1918. The significant attractions are the Ramayana mural paintings on the exterior of the chapel, while the interior are ornated by the paintings of the legend in Buddhism by the royal artists of King Rama VI. In front of the chapel is a concrete building with the style of Greek or Roman dome. Moreover, within the compound, the temple also features a holy scriptures library, and 3- facet meeting hall (sala) at the pier with shaded atmosphere.